[nagdu] re understanding vs. respect

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Sat Jul 7 18:08:24 UTC 2012

(Still can't reply to a post or cut and paste.  My emails show up in my
sent box but not in the NAGDU archives or on the list.  Could my emails
be somehow blocked at the NAGDU end?) anyway...

This thread is very informative  and I will keep copies of it.  I don't
need to know a thing about a person to treat them with dignity.
Education may help, but I think it is used as an excuse - he/she didn't
know any
better so they acted inappropriately.  Also, in my experience diversity
training
doesn't include disability (including blindness) issues, and people who
want fair
(for lack of a better word) treatment don't always apply it to other
cultural groups.
Brenda