[nagdu] five months ago

Chantel Cuddemi jawsgirl87 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:07:28 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Since we're  sharing stories of our first matches, I thought I'd throw my
story in.

Five months ago, as of yesterday, I was matched with my first dog from Pilot
Dogs, a black standard poodle named Motley.

When the trainer announced that morning that we first-timers would be
getting our dogs, I was very excited and nervous at the same time.

I remember when the trainer handed me the leash and told me about Motley, I
fell in love with him instantly, and since then, we've been inseparable.

It was worth it in the end when Pilot told me, after six days of extra
training due to failing the final test walk for bad alignment, that I and
Motley were ready to go home.

I remember calling up a classmate of mine that night and telling him I was
heading home. He was happy for me.

Now four months later, as of yesterday, Motley and I have been home and
we've come a long way.

However, we still have a long way to go before I can safely say we're solid
and actually be sure about it.

Well, that's  all for now.

Hugs and wags,

Chantel and Pilot Dog Motley