[nagdu] Never worked a male before

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Tue Jul 10 16:01:55 UTC 2012

My males don't stop to mark.
----- Original Message -----

From: "Buddy Brannan" <buddy at brannan.name>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [nagdu] Never worked a male before

I'm really perplexed by this belief that people seem to have that male dogs
have a, excuse me, marked tendency to mark.

For one thing, I'm told that they're generally parked such that they
continue the habit of squatting when they pee and don't get in the habit of
lifting a leg on something. Even so, if we're near a post or wall or
something at park time, Leno will life his leg on it. But, and i stress this
emphatically, only at park time. He does not, nor did his predecessors, make
a point of stopping to mark during our walks, nor at any time in our house.
I'm not sure quite how this works, but I'm told that female dogs also can
mark, and sometimes do.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY