[nagdu] motorized wheelchairs was re soul searching - question

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Wed Jul 11 18:19:49 UTC 2012

I am amazed to hear some of these crazy cane stories especially when the
inconsiderateness happens repeatedly, but although a cane user (like the
one that almost crushed Bibi can be dangerous, a moving vehicle is
worse.  My sighted husband has almost been run over several times by a
person using a motorized wheelchair.  Once outside the Rehab Agency
where I was going for a meeting, a man sped by in his motorized
wheelchair and yelled excuse me as he sped away after I yelped.  Not
sure how close he was but I felt a breze as he went by.  I have
encountered far more inconsiderate motorized wheelchair users than cane
users, and the damage they can do to a dog or pedestrian is more severe.
Brenda
scissors - wheelchair runs over dog who
actually, at the last convention or two that I attended, while there
were issues
wiht stressed out dog and cane users, which could get irritating, the
issue I had
the msot was with the one gal in a motorized wheelchair.  that gal
thought she was
hell on wheels, and she jsut plowed through crowds.  My dog had to make
quick moves
around her which she took offense to, but geez, I did not want to be
road kill!!!
But she was probably as stressed as the vast majority of folks trying to
not only
learn new territory in a short period of time, but were trying to get
from point
A to point B so as to not be late for their intended destination.
Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division