[nagdu] Fisher went to School

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Wed Jul 11 20:50:15 UTC 2012

Hmmm, for some reason, my last message may have only gone to the sender, or somewhere out in cyberspace.

But to address the question of pinch collars. TSE will issue them, but generally, it is a tool of last resort.  You hve to dialoge extensively with TSE before they will decide that one is necessary, and then they make darn sure you know how to size and use it.  I do use one with Griffin under specific circumstances, and I was given quite a bit of instruction on how to use it.  But I ahad to get approval from Pete Lang (he was still there at that time), andI had to justify why I needed it.

Griffin has a very stron gneck and an even larger head.  The chain collar he was wearing was too large, and thus, was ineffective when giving corrections.  Why was it too large?  Well, because the one that would have been sized for him could not get past his head.  So I needed a collar that was not only going to get his attention, but could be adjusted.  Also, I could deliver corrections wihtout as much punch.  I have nerve damage in my left elbow, so the less bang I have to put into a leash correction, the better.  Now don't get me wrong, if I do need to give a barn-burner of a correction, I can and will.  But if I can avoid them, that suits my body just fine.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged and/or confidential. This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.