[nagdu] senior moment symdrome

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 08:35:41 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
I wrote to a lot of lists I'm on or maybe not all of them in regards of Odie.
I do have to agree with what our veternarian Doctor Kean did tell me to be on the lookout for which happened to be senior moment symdrome.
It seems like Odie is starting to display that more, but slowly.
Dane and I have had to go back to the basic training steps again, making sure Odie understands that if or when he needs to go outside, he is to be more persistant and real pushy right off the spot.
A couple days ago, he waited until the last minute to go out and unfortunately, he began to dribble on the floor outside the apartment door.
Yes, he gets taken out every three or four hourse and we only fill his water dish halfway.
It has been a few months since something like this has started all over.
Yesterday however, no spills happened and he was more persistant when needing to go out.
As of next month, I may go ahead and get his physical scheduled or just get him in to have his bladder and kidneys checked, just to be on the safe side.
I'm still considering getting the potty patch to have on hand, especially during severe weather and for the cold, winter months which DR. Kean recommended.
I'll admit that during hot days of spring/summer, Odie ends up having to be taken out more than during the fall or winter.
I'll probably get him out again in a couple of hours or so to see if he will need to park again.
better to be safe than sorry and hope he will empty out again.
As for the spill in front of the door Wednesday, Dale was able to get it upooed up immediately upon treating the area with lavender scented pine sol.
When Dale or I take Odie out, either of us will make sure that he's sitting instead of standing up in the hopes of avoiding the situation from getting worse.
Dr. Kean did state that having him sit will slow down the possibility of an on-coming accident at least.
despite what happened, Odie is loved no matter what.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie