[nagdu] Taking my dog on a trip

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Jul 17 16:14:55 UTC 2012

You can't be charged any fees, deposits or anything of the sort, unless
you or your dog causes some harm to the room and the hotel would
normally charge guests for damages of this variety.

It sounds like you told the hotel in advance that you would be
accompanied by your guide.  Then they announced the extra charges.  If
I've got it right, they are violating the law.

Sometimes the front desk staff is young, new and inexperienced.  They do
need to learn, but I would ask to speak to the manager.  Hopefully
he/she is more knowledgeable and will advise their staff of their
error.   If speaking with the manager doesn't work, you could try the
corporate office if it is a chain hotel.  You could make reservations
somewhere else.  Or you could ask Marion to assist you.  Sometimes
getting a call from a knowledgeable advocate who can help them
understand the law more clearly helps more than the same info coming
from you.

I travel and stay in hotels with my guide fairly frequently.  I prefer
not to tell them in advance of my blindness or the presence of my
guide.  I've only ever had one problem, which was cleared up quickly.

HTH
Julie