[nagdu] Update From VA

Danielle Nicole Larsen dnlarsen75 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 20:37:49 UTC 2012

 Hey Jessica
So I don't have a dog guide yet ( I can't decide on it)
But,  my roommate had a golden retrieve as her previous guide. She is the sweetest dog on earth but is absurdly sensitive in all areas. She nervous wags her tail when she thinks sr is in trouble and cries and panics when she can't get to her
I know that when t came to situations that the dog couldn't reach her she would avoid briniging her when possuible as you did
I think that worked best for her.
When it was unavoidvavlr she would have someone hold her and try giving her something to distract her
Ie at the pool on tie down shed give her a kong with a little bit of peanut butter to help redirect the dogs attention. She isn't big into nylabones but if your dog is a chewer something like that would help
Didn't always work but did help

Hope your staying cool
Danielle (waiting for next TSE puppy in training)

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone