[nagdu] Hot off the press!!! Griffin update!!

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 20:03:07 UTC 2012

Well, Venessa, I was looking at your message concerning pondering decisions. Those decisions are hard to make; the dogs I have retired have all been hard for me to retire. The first one wasn't doing that great, and Lukas talked me into retiring her. It was a good time. Spencer, I knew he needed to retire, I really did, but I kept thinking I would wait just a little longer. I did that; he took matters into his own hands in the Minneapolis Airport. I still thought just a little longer, but Pete Lang counseled me to quit. The hard thing abouyt decisions like that is how much does the dog still want to work. Spencer wanted to please, and he was sad when I didn't take him back to school with me; Jet longed to work, too, but she clearly couldn't handle it when I worked her. I guess sometimes a person has to think how much the dog might just enjoy being pampered after a well-lived working life. I don't think that makes it any easier though.

Cindy Lou