[nagdu] Nail Clippers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jul 30 13:32:19 UTC 2012

I use a Dremmel pet nail grinder.  I do it every Sunday night, and it
takes 10-15 minutes. I've been using the Dremmel for about 15 years.
I prefer it to clippers, because it doesn't risk cutting the quick.  I've
broken my own nails past the quick before, and it hurts like crazy. I
would hate to do it to my dog.
With the grinder, I have to be careful not to rub the paw pad by mistake,
but otherwise it's been completely safe, and pretty easy. I had to teach
my dogs to lie still for it, but a little kibble did that without any
fuss.
Tracy