[nagdu] new TSE ID

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jul 30 14:47:02 UTC 2012

I just got Benny's new ID card from TSE.  It seems so odd to me, that they
think a dog ID card should expire after 6 years.  Do they really have such
a big problem with people passing off retired dogs as working dogs, or
what?  And why every 6 years?  I'm hoping Ben will work 8 or 9 years.  And
if he needs a new "license", shouldn't someone come out and re-certify him
first?
The whole thing seems pretty silly, probably because I've been asked for
my dog's ID once in the last 10 years, and probably much longer than that.
 I didn't show it then, either. So even having the ID is not a big deal to
me, and I completely don't see why it needs to be renewed.
Anyone know the thinking behind this?
Tracy