[nagdu] remembering June 14, 2009

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 14 14:08:30 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Sub says it all.
While I had posted something about June 14th on some lists, there were other lists I probably wasn't on during this day.
Although June 14 is Flag Day, it was also the day when Odie woke me up around 2:45 PM.
I happened to be taking a nap that day and the time mentioned above was when he pushed the bed with hard force, trying to get my attention.
I woke up from the matress being pushed with hard force, suddenly hearing all of the tornado sirens going off.
I quickly jumped up off the bed and ran from the bedroom into the living room where my husband was watching TV.
I asked Dale what was going on that the tornado drills were screeching.
He said that he didn't know what was happening and the national weather alert emergency system didn't interrupt any programs nor was a sound heard.
There were at least four funnel clouds that day: one above my apartment complex and several other buildings: another one over the State Capital building, the third one at the 30th and Downing Light Rail station and the fourth one happened to be over Save Alot on 38th and Clay street, right in the save area near 38th and Federal Boulevard where my friend Nat resides.
The tornado alarm went off every fifteen minutes for the whole hour.
Odie was terrified and I couldn't do too much to help him out during that activity.
While the first funnel cloud hovered above the apartment complex at least the outer part of it, I felt the pressure of the wind as the wall in the bathroom and bedroom window was moving towards and away from me.
It felt like my apartment was being sucked up and then let go back down.
I will never forget this day one bit as I was very thankful and lucky.
Dale and I's four-legged furry son Odie saved my life, definitely.
If he had not of woke me up, chances are I could have slept through all of that or probably lost my life.
Odie has been and always will be a hero and angel with four paws.
He was looking out for me today three years ago.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf