[nagdu] Altercation on the bus yesterday - who "wins"?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Jun 14 22:50:24 UTC 2012

Jenny,

It takes at least two people to argue.  If you don't argue back, then
there is no argument.

I always wonder if it is truly necessary to educate or get in our say or
whatever every single time someone says something about the dog?  I mean
this honestly.  If the other person has no authority to do anything and
we have no interest in a relationship with this person, is it important
for them to understand anything about us?

I don't mean that we should give into whatever demands the other person
is making or change our plans.  I mean why can't we just continue on
doing whatever and ignore the other person's inappropriateness?  Surely
if the man with the guide dog had made a single statement like, "okay,
I'm headed to the back anyway" and then moved on, the woman would have
been left arguing with no one and looking like a bigger fool than she
already did.

Anyway I say conserve your energy for the things that are a really big
deal and let the rest of the crap slide on by.

JMO
Julie