[nagdu] arguments and education

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 15 00:09:43 UTC 2012

Hi, Julie J,
Agree with you there and sometimes, it's best to just leave some things alone.
One time when I got on a city bus a while back, the area where Odie and I usually go, especially on the 2000 series bus if the seat by the door is taken is the wheelchair seating area on the same side where the door is.
That happened to be taken, so I tried to get him underneath the left hand side seat a little ways behind the driver's seat.
Odie wasn't having it and therefore, I just decided to go ahead to sit in the back of the bus anyway.
I also tried to have him sit in between my legs behind the driver's chair and again, no go with that one.
He definitely doesn't like tight narrow places or being enclosed.
As I was making my way to the back of the bus however, another passenger began to put his/her unnecessary two sense in and despite me telling them that I have way too much respect for my partner's feelings, they still tried to insist me staying where I was.
I still went to the back of the bus anyway and didn't care whatever else was said.
I figure no matter how much we try at times to educate others and they simply don't want to listen or make themselves look like great know-it-all's, then I just walk away and leave it from there, knowing that it's their problem and not mine.
Since they obviously can't respect themselves, then they have no respect for me and Odie one bit.
I'll admit my first guide dog Orleans was the same waybut in a similar one when it came to seating areas.
He didn't like to be enclosed or in tight places.
Freedom David Berry my second guide didn't care too much one bit since he was already terrified of the buses anyway.
He would find a seat upon diving right underneath it to hide.
I think the part that annoys me the most is when the unmentionables just keep insting they're always right.
Best piece of advice I can give is for each and everyone who knows our dog best, stick to what they know and out of respect for the feelings of their partner, do what the dog feels comfortable with.
*Smiles*
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf