[nagdu] Shaman's attack

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:26:56 UTC 2012

Mardi,

This is so absolutely sad. I wish there was more I could do. My only
suggestions, and perhaps one of the legal minds on the list can comment on
this more. Could Mardi go to the DOJ about this? That her state is not
upholding state laws? Ok so perhaps I have a few suggestions Mardi, you
could invoke the help of like the Disability Law center in your state. They
usually have lawyers who could help you take a case against the city. The
other suggestion, is that you could email or call and talk to each state
representative. See how they feel about the guide dog legislation, depending
on what they say. Like if they are all for it, explain your situation, and
see where it goes. Having one state rep on your side could lead to more and
perhaps further help. As far as the attacking dogs, you could get a electric
cattle prod, so that when they attack, it would give them a shock. Not that
I think that this would actually work, or that you should do this. There are
many risks, but there has to be a way to keep your pup working and not for
you all to be attacked.

Marsha