[nagdu] Heat!

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Jun 20 20:40:50 UTC 2012

Hi Julie J,
It depends on that 90 degree heat - dry heat or humid.  Big difference.

I used to live in a small town in San diego's north county where in the
summer it can be in the low 100s.  I would try to walk and do errands in the
early morning or later after the sun went down.  If I had to go out in over
95 midday heat, I made sure my dog had water and went back into AC
afterwards.  Or, I left my dog home in the AC while I broiled my butt and
used my cane.

It also depends on the dog - old, heat sensitive?  But, TSE does tell us to
use common sense and go by the comfort level for us out there in the heat
and what we wwere going to be doing.  Not an ideal time for a long walk in
the sun.

Sometimes, we can get into the 100s here in the City of San Diego itself in
the fall when we have Santa Ana winds.  Blow a hairdryer on your face and
you will know what a Santa Ana wind feels like - LOL!  I kid you not!  Like
I said, I try to do stuff in the early morning or later after sundown.
Fortunately, we don't get these too much or as severe.

Take care,

Lyn and Landon