[nagdu] [Lady with Guide Dog kicked out of Ann Taylor]

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 14:37:03 UTC 2012

Oh, I think the managers should know the laws; but even in the case of managers, there are a lot to know, and service animals are still rather rare in the scheme of things. However, I would think that when the folks don't listen and just continue their stance on the issue, then some action needs taken. When the Greek restaurant refused me, or tried, I stood my ground. I really had to; I was leading a group of students fro the Iowa Dept. for the Blind. They did serve me, and they were very hostile to me. The agency's director contacted them and said unless and until they were willing to be trained in the laws concerning people with dogs, the IDB would no longer do business with them. I don't know how it ever came out. Now, if we could go to that same store in Boston, was it? with a whole herd, or pack, I guess, of dogs and their handlers, that would be a plus. To make it the most effective, seems you would need to go visit the same location.

Cindy