[nagdu] Pilot was guide dog schools and relieving

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 23 21:58:57 UTC 2012

Not to be a bragger on purpose here, but during the time I was in training with Odie, the rest of the trainies ended up having to go out to the relief area to practice picking up after their dogs.
Reason was a few who weren't checking the area thoroughly to see that they pieced everything up if the dog dod go in harness.
I lucked out as Mike Tessmer the training instructor privately told me I didn't have to be apart since he watched how well my cleanning job was when it came to picking up.
He did ask me to come and observe and assist if there were to be problems.
One trainy who was a first time guide dog user almost began cursing when he felt the doggy doo, despite having a plastic bag over his hand.
I informed him that if he was going to be a guide dog user, he'd have to get used to cleanning up after his dog, despite the feeling of it.
He ended up not making it through the training for personal reasoning where he felt that it wasn't the right time for him to train with a guide dog.
Despite that the training was a great success, I would like to see a change of where the students are to practice cleanning up after their dogs in the relief area more because once they get home, it's the real adventure and no trainers will be around to pick up after the dog.
That's the only draw back see is the instructors cleanning up and not the trainies, as what if a trainy is a first timer?
By the second or third week of training, that's when the student should be able to pick up the stuffon their own.
For those who are retrains, I'd think they'd be able to pick up after their dogs by the end of the first or second week.
Just my thoughts on this one.
Bibi