[nagdu] Pilot was guide dog schools and relieving

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 22:06:24 UTC 2012

When I got my first couple of dogs, we were taught how to pick up, but the instructors always scooped. We had issues with that, and eventually, they changed that policy. Now, for the most part, after a couple of days, if the dog is "performing" properly, then the trainees pick up. At first they don't because the dogs are acclamating to the constraints of toileting on leash, and touching their acks to see where they are positioned can distract them. I think this is good, but any time the instructor wanted to pick up for me, I was good with it because I could do it and had plenty of confidence about it. Anyway, that's what we did when last I was at TSE.

Cindy