[nagdu] City Ordinances in regards to dog waste

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Sat Jun 23 23:22:21 UTC 2012

Hi Julie,

My first thought, is that we are talking the general public here versus
one's own property, right?  I would first like to see such ordinance
exemptions and what it provides and the actual language it holds as most
ordinances will have some level of process to exclude or exempt such
individuals, and when it comes to dog waste, a sanitary issue, it would be a
surprise to me to allow anyone, disabled or not, to leave it sitting.  I am
sure one could request a modification of policy and practice as this would
essentially be the process under state and local governments, but it would
also set a slippery slope precedence that would essentially make the
ordinance ineffective.  It's like snow shoveling, we are all required to do
it and if we are unable, we need to make arrangements to remove the
snow...this is what an ordinance will provide.  Because one has a disability
should by no means exempt them from having to abide by what everyone else
has to.

Steve