[nagdu] Picking up the busy busy when you've parked your dog. lol

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 24 00:18:14 UTC 2012

Hi, Julie,

It is my understanding that "reasonable accommodations" come into play in
employment situations and educational situations.  I am not aware that the
concept of "reasonable accommodations" applies to the situation of "access
to places of public accommodation".  However, if access to public places
were to be denied to a person with a disability because he/she was unable to
pick up after his/her service animal, I guess that might be considered
discrimination on the basis of disability, and I suppose the entity would be
required to make an exception to its ordinance or policy requiring that
people pick up after their dogs for the person with a disability that makes
picking up impossible.

Best,
Ann