[nagdu] Swabbing for Explosive Trace Detection

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Wed Jun 27 20:31:28 UTC 2012

Passle,

They can require the extra and even private screening.  They can and do have
false positives which cause some of this to happen.

They CANNOT take your dog away.  As happens with everyone, we find that
there are those who simply do not know the rules.  You should complain about
this, but in general I find TSA people to be reasonable.  I have found some
problem individuals who think they own the skies no matter what the rules.
I also find that they are not around the next time I go through that
airport.

Educate, but please remember that most of these people are doing their jobs
in extremely adverse situations given the attitudes of most passengers.  Cut
them a bit of slack while insisting on the rules being enforced.

Best,

Michael Hingson