[nagdu] micromanaging your dog

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:48:52 UTC 2012

I agree with this. I trust my dog to behave in my home, and in the homes of people we visit regularly. However, when we're in strange places, I tend to be much more observant. Honestly, I doubt she would do anything bad, but, as Julie stated in an earlier post, we, as guide dog handlers, are under a certain amount of pressure.

When I get my next dog, I imagine I'll do quite a bit of micromanaging. At least, I will until I trust the dog to behave as it should.

Shannon and Caroline
Shannon Dyer
Alumni Council Member,
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc
®  and
America's VetDogs®,  The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc ®
Providing "Second Sight" ® since 1946
371 E. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787
Office: 631-930-9000, Toll-free: 866-282-8047
solsticesinger at gmail.com
To make a donation that can change a life...contact the Guide Dog Foundation at
www.guidedog.org
or America's VetDogs the Veterans K-9 Corps at
www.vetdogs.org
Visit us on facebook at:
www.facebook.com/GuideDogFoundation or www.facebook.com/AmericasVetDogs