[nagdu] Urgent Advice Requested

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Mar 4 20:45:48 UTC 2012

thoughts in no particular order...
a bit of water on the food especially warm water helps some dogs.  Hand
feeding could work.  A bit of broth or canned food mixed in to add
flavor.  Leaving the food down for longer amounts of time or free
feeding could be an answer. Perhaps changing up the location of
feeding.  Some dogs are weird about that sort of thing.

All of these have potential drawbacks, but not eating for several days
is a serious problem of it's own.  Is he still drinking?  Are you
noticing any other issues?  I know with people that sometimes when you
go without food for a couple of days, say due to the flu or something,
you have to ease back into eating regular meals.  Going right back to
full feed after a stomach upset can be quite unappetizing.  Do you think
this might be the case with him?  Perhaps a bit of boiled chicken and
rice to wake up his digestion and then transitioning back to regular dog
food?

Of course if you think there might be something serious going on, ignore
all of the above and go to the vet.

Julie