[nagdu] anal glands

Robert Hooper hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Mar 5 03:56:37 UTC 2012

In regards to anal glands, isn't it possible to get them removed? I seem to remember seeing something like that on my insurance papers--it's something they don't cover. Do anal glands serve any useful purpose? I only ever hear of them when they are causing problems--so I must wonder why people don't just remove them (since it appears that is possible). I suppose I will do a bit of research about this--in the meantime, what do you all think? Bailey has not had anal gland problems as yet--I hope this continues to be the case. If he does develop such, and if it is possible to have them removed without too much fuss, then I might just go that route--he can be quite an expensive puppy!

Robert Hooper
Hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
The Ohio State University
0653 Buckeye-Cuyahoga CT