[nagdu] Tips and tricks for dealing with diarrhea

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:57:24 UTC 2012

Marty,

My vet and I, are trying a less expensive treatment first. Clinically she
has all the signs of EPI. But the blood tests came back normal. He was a
little baffled at that. And thinks we will eventually treat her for the EPI.

The good news is that Emma had a bout of diarrhea yesterday but I was able
to get to the vet, for meds. She is now on meds to firm up her stool, sorry
I can't spell the drug name. And then another powder meds that the vet
typically gives to dogs with chronic diarrhea. He, the vet, wants to try
this out first. I am going to try to find a low cost version of the EPI
powder.

My biggest concern is her weight, as she is at 50 pounds, when she should
run about 67 or 68.

Thank you for the support
Marsha