[nagdu] hospital stay next month

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 05:54:50 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Although I know my subject line isn't rellevent to guide dog lists, I was wondering how other handlers make the hospital stay a positive experience with their guides or assistance dogs?
On April 30, 2012 to May 4, 2012, I will be admitted to denver Health Medical where they will be able to do some more testing on why my seizures still happen.
Dale and Odie will be with me for the whole week as the deputy of Nuerology gave that recommendation.
He felt it would make the stay a more comfortable one.
I've never had to be admitted to the hospital while being a guide dog user for twelve years off and on upon having a retired guide/medical alert service dog, so this will be a first time learning experience.
I know definitely that the essential items that Odie will need are his dog food, medicines, the elevated stand with his bowls and the water can be done at Denver Health Medical.
Would anyone else have some suggestions on what other items would be needed just in case?
As far as the seizure testing will go, I'll be hooked up to electrodes which will be monitored by a computer system.
The nuerology deputy doctor who is Doctor Maugh wants to provoke the seizures so he'll be able to physically see what and why as far as the high activityis occuring.
Doctor Maugh said that everything is happening on the left hand side around the left frontal lobe of my head and the best way to look at it all effectively would for me to be admitted.
He told me that he's also looking forward to seeing Odie along with meeting my husband Dale as well.
Thankfully, all of this is planned out instead of being unplanned.
*Smiles*
Bibi, husband Dale and Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf