[nagdu] Embarrassing Guide Dog Handlers

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 05:23:38 UTC 2012

Doug,

For you to have that mind set of judging others is fine. But do not tell me
or other list members it is wrong, or what to think. Not everyone thinks
like you. There is a line between criticism and being judgmental. We can say
all day and night what is right and wrong, but you aren't in those people's
shoes.

It is your right as a guide dog user to take corrective measures when Your
dog is doing wrong or in this case relieving when not appropriate. But do
not tell others how to think, feel or what to do. I know you do not want the
same to be done to you, and as I have seen you say on this list.

If you would like to continue this discussion, we can do it off list. I will
not take it any further on list.

My point is that we all need to be accepting of others, as a guide dog
community we criticize other handlers way to easily and harshly. Again,
before you post judgmental messages to the list, think, would you want the
list members to say the same back to you? Would you want list members to
tell you what to think or what to do? We can give advice, recommendations,
encouragement, and support until the cows come home, but in the long run, we
all have the right to make our own decisions.

Marsha, Moderator