[nagdu] Need Help -The Passing Of A Guide Dog

Suzy Wilson keyboard4jesus at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 15:41:10 UTC 2012

Hi Everybody, My name is Suzy and I haven't written you in a while, but I still subscribe to this forum.
Last year around this time, my first guide dog Dodi who was a black Lab developed bone cancer in her back leg and because I wouldn't be financially able to take care of her and have a new guide dog, I gave her back to the school and she lived with one of the trainers and his dogs. It broke my heart to have to give her up, then three days later my 16yr old Sheltie died. Two months later while at guide dog school training with Isabella, my present guide dog, my Chihuahua Emily was ran over and died while in the care of a friend. Well, after many calls and requests for updates on Dodi's condition with no answer, last weekend while at the guide dog school's fundraiser event, I found out that Dodi had been put to sleep only a month or two months ago. She had been having more bad days then good and they couldn't control her pain anymore so they decided to feed her a steak dinner fit for a queen and then had her put to sleep. I felt overwhelming sadness of losing Dodi and I was deeply hurt that the school didn't notify me of their decision and when it was to be done so that I could have been there to pet her and let her know that I hadn't forgotten about her. Would anyone please share with me about coping with the loss of your guide dog. Thanks.