[nagdu] Need Help -The Passing Of A Guide Dog

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 16:21:25 UTC 2012

Hi, Suzy.

It sounds as off you have lost a lot of pups lately. This is very difficult I know, for I went through a similar time once. It is so hard to let go of them all. I think it would have been well for them to at least let you know that they were euthanizing the dog before they did it, and if they felt it would be easier for you if they didn't, they made a poor judgment call.  Could you have been there if they had told you about the dog's need to be euthanized if they had told you? I would say that probably the trainer who was keeping her was with her. She knew she was cared about, and she was probably grateful to be released from the pain, but that doesn't help you much. Why don't you write or share with someone a journal of times spent with Doty, even some of the mischief times that might have been annoying for you when you were using her. Give Isabella a lot of extra love to help you cope with the problem. It will take time. Maybe it would help for you to tell more about her, and I'd be glad to talk with you off list about her. I am sure others would, too. I am
cindyray at gmail.com
Cindy Lou