[nagdu] Health Problems

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:26:11 UTC 2012

Hello all,
As I mentioned in a previous post, Princess had her two week vet visit
because Pilot requires it. She had her stool tested and we got the results
back yesterday. It turns out that she has giardia so I purchased some powder
medicine which I hope will cure it. I believe that she got giardia treatment
during training because they tested her stool then. Not sure why it's back
already or perhaps the medicine didn't cure it during training.
I also took her to see the dentist who is known for getting the tartar out
of dog's teeth by only using a hand held scalp. She looked at Princess's
teeth and said that she believes that it is genetic. She told me that
Princess may have to get a full cleaning later on where she will get knocked
out and everything. I just want to try this and I hope it will work because
it is less pricy. The dentist also told me that Princess may have to have
her teeth removed when she gets older as well but I'm sure and I hope that
will come later, much much later.
Princess walked me in to a brick wall last night but luckily I'm ok. I did
not get hurt, but gosh... she's walked me in to a door, a pole, a brick
wall, and I'm sure a few small things here and there, and I've only had her
a couple of months. I have to say that I feel very overwhelmed right now. I
did not expect so many problems when I applied for a dog. This is not to say
that I regret getting one. I adore Princess and I'm willing to work out all
the problems, but I feel like some things shouldn't be happening... for
example, she should not be having all these health issues, and she shouldn't
be walking me in to things. of course I corrected her and we redid the part
where she messed up, but I feel like every time I trust her completely, then
something happens and it gets more and more difficult to do so.
She continues to walk slow when she wants to, and I've come to accept it
because I believe that it is her personality. I give her a lot of praise
when she does go faster, but I've also come to realize that I can't and I
don't want to force her  to walk faster when she doesn't want to.
Anyways, this is the update for Princess.
All the best, Hannah and Princess