[nagdu] Ownership of guide dog

Nicole B. Torcolini at Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Mon Mar 12 03:22:06 UTC 2012

First and foremost, GDB does *initially* retain ownership of the dog, but
handlers can request ownership after a year. I have never heard of a case in
which ownership was denied by GDB. I would not exclude GDB from your list of
schools just because of this.
    Second, whether or not the school retains ownership, in my opinion, is
not the major issue. A bigger problem is when schools come take your dog
from you without discussing it with you first.