[nagdu] ownership

Mariea Harris mharris1979 at carolina.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 12:16:00 UTC 2012

I've been to 2 schools that retained ownership until a point of so many
ears and then you could adopt the dog as yours and I've been to a school
where I retained ownership of my dog when I left. I think there are
disadvantages to both, but I do like having ownership of my dogs. For
people who abuse their dogs though, I think the schools that retain
ownership is best. It's a little easier to get the dog taken away from
the handler. I also know though that dogs have been taken away for
reasons that they shouldn't have. I've never had this experience, but
know some who have. Now, I don't know both sides of those stories
either. I think whether or not a person wants ownership of their dog or
not is totally up to them. People who apply to schools where the school
retains ownership know they don't have ownership of the dog. It's not
like it's sprung on them or anything. It's a personal choice.

--

Mariea and Valiant