[nagdu] Health Problems

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 12 13:12:07 UTC 2012

Hi, Hannah,
Gerarida can happen at any given time depending on where your dog goes to the bathroom.
My first guide dog had it during training and it was treated.
My other two guides ended up not having it which was a success.
When your dog runs you into an object, definitely correct and rework the error.
Another method I've used with Odie when he has ran me into things in the past was to also tap the object with my right hand after saying the word no.
Once the error's reworked, Odie was rewarded with praise.
As for the teeth,they should be cleanned daily by using a wash cloth or you can purchase a dental cleanning kit from Petco or Petsmart.
It has a regular tooth brush, finger brush or different flavors of toothpaste.
When cleanning the teeth, also be sure to clean the top, sides and bottom of the mouth.
That also will cut back on dental conditions or possibility of teeth falling out.
My advice is to just keep working with your girl.
All kinks will be smoothed after a while.
*Smiles*
Bibi