[nagdu] Ownership of guide dog

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Thu Mar 15 20:03:18 UTC 2012

Marion
I was referring to being able to accept the one to two year wait for
full ownership from a paternalistic school compared to having only
partial ownership for the first five years.  If I (or my family) were
given the choice to return the dog due to death or disability, that
would allow me to make the decision as the full owner.  Relating to
cars, the car salesman never says you own your car unless your license
is revoked etc.  Not sure why ownership is only an issue when
paternalism is the underlying reason for ownership delay.  Is the guide
mine or not?
Brenda