[nagdu] [Nyagdu] NYC taxi success

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Fri Mar 16 13:34:28 UTC 2012

Last year while attempting to hail a taxi, I was refused service and access
to the taxi. Fortunately, a woman was present to assist and took down all
the particulars about this specific driver and his cab. Turned out that the
woman was a judge with the taxi and limozine commission. She insisted I file
a complaint, which I did, though not without finding that the new york city
web site had access issues. Long story short, because   of her support, this
driver was found guilty of service refusal and fined $350 and advised that
if he violates this again, he will have his license suspended. There is
still much to do out there in the way of taxi drivers not picking up
handlers with their guides. I was even passed by 4 times by empty taxis
which were on duty, as related to me by passers by, just outside the jewish
guild for the blind. this happened in January of this year.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.