[nagdu] taxi reusal in Brooklyn, new York

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 18 20:32:22 UTC 2012

Dear all,
    I agree that we should not be telling taxi copanies we will be traveling
with a guide dog. There is absolutely no reason to do this. The presence of
a service animal is irrelevant, as the company has no need for this
information and should not use such information to treat us in a
discriminatory manner. I have frequently asserted that we should not give
advance notice we will be traveling with a guide dog, bringing a guide dog
to a hotel, or will be accompanied by a guide dog when making restaurant
reservations. All such a thing does is give an alert to those places of
business that they might need to do something "special" for us. This
something special is generlly something that is discriminatory. We lessent
the chance of discrimination by not giving advance notice.

Fraternally yours,
Marion