[nagdu] Ownership of guide dog

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 19 12:20:06 UTC 2012

Ava,
    I believe that, under the circumstances you cite, all of the programs
would allow you to keep your dog, as it would not be able to be retrained as
a guide. To answer your question, the schools that give ownership upon
completion of training are, in alphabetical order, Guide Dogs of America
(GDA), Guide Dog Foundation (GDF), Southeastern Guide dogs, and The Seeing
Eye.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala