[nagdu] Taxi Refusal

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 00:12:56 UTC 2012

Nicole, I am not sure I really understand your telling that you have a dog. I suppose you must do what you feel like, but when people do that and then someone else calls for a cab and doesn't, the drivers perceive that individuals  are supposed to indicate that there is a dog  because someone does. I am sure that's not true all the time, but I am sure that it is sometimes.

One day I told someone they couldn't pet my dog when I was in a beauty school. Bear with me now. I said they could not pet him while he was working. Their response was that so-and-so lets them pet their dog. So, just sayin'. Don't mean to be over critical for we all have our comfort zones. But I could see this happening in the case of the cabs, too. We had a driver in minneapolis make a big deal of picking us up because some of the drivers don't want to have dogs in their cars because of religion. I understand his point, but when he came and then told us this, we needed to get where we were going. So there are times.

Cindy