[nagdu] Ownership of guide dog

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 21 20:36:46 UTC 2012

Jenine,
    What you say is so very true. I know firsthand how one particular
training program tried to intimidate me when I advocated for a consumer and
attempted to revise the facts. Furthermore, I know that there is an
impression among consumers that the training programs all talk to each other
and resisting the paternalism or maltreatment of one program might have a
negative effect upon being accepted for training by another. Whether this
actually happens or not (I believe it does), such implications seem to be
present, as many consumers believe this.
    I was also informed by a staff member of one training program that they
had a black list of individuals who had real issues they attempted to
resolve or dared to disagree with their practices. In the words of
Gallagher, "Makes you go 'Hmm!'"

Fraternally yours,
Marion

Fraternally yours,