[nagdu] Advance Notification

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 12:09:15 UTC 2012

Natalie,
    NAGDU is working diligently to provide accurate information about the
rights and responsibilities of service dog users and the accommodations we
patronize. For now, I think the "best answer" is to encourage all service
dog users to follow the same protocol so as to not create confusion. I am of
the opinion that, since the presence of a service dog is irrelevant to
access and the services provided, service dogs are best served by not giving
advance notice nor producing documentation of training. Such a practice
sends the message that this is the norm and should be expected. I have had
hotels, restaurants, and other places of public accommodations tell me that
someone else called in advance and/or produced identification, why not me?

Fraternally yours,
Marion