[nagdu] Questions About Moving TO Large City

Jessica jldiaz421 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:19:37 UTC 2012

Hi All

I posted this on the gdblounge list but wanted other input so am posting it
here. I am moving in April after my wedding from small town USA to right
outside of DC. I am super nervous but have some questions about Saunders.

1 should I go back to basics for a bit as if am first bringing him home?

2 is it ok for me to learn routes with my cane and cross major highways with
it a few times before taking him. I am a diehard guide user but I still when
in a new place whip that cane out to learn before taking Saunders.

3 Can dogs just not want to work in a larger city since they have been in a
small town for a few years and I specifically told GDB I wanted a small town
dog?

Thanks and anyone's experiences of living in small towns then moving to
large cities with their guides would be appreciated.

Jess