[nagdu] Story that I don't know what to think ab out

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 13:53:52 UTC 2012

Rebecca and Cindy

How am I refusing to use help? I am taking help from several people. For
example, the guide dog school, suggestions from this list, and a couple of
friends of mine who are lawyers. Before I do anything, I consult with my
lawyer friend for his opinion.

This woman who offered to help is a wonderful advocate, and has helped me on
several occasions. She has been helping from the side lines. I am trying to
be a nice guy, because I will have to work with all the people in question
for the next 4 years. I am only a freshman after all. I can't afford to make
enemies, or even worse bring scrutiny or pressure down upon people in the
department who are willing to help.

I only told her that I did not think a meeting would be a good idea after I
called to set up a meeting, and got chewed out over the phone. Forcing the
point, and having a face to face meeting will only serve to make the dean
angrier. If I do have a face to face meeting, I will most certainly have
someone with me as an advocate. Probably this professor who is willing to go
to bat for me. But for now, I am pursuing other avenues.

The alternative avenues of approach that I am currently employing should
have favorable results; however, I can't discuss them on list.

Thanks,

Mark