[nagdu] Advance Notification

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 17:07:02 UTC 2012

Hm... I see the value in such a strategy. Getting the offender to put
the offense in writing does save on the he-said-she-said business. Sigh.
Supposing you can get someone in authority to review the documentary
evidence instead of refusing to on the basis that since you are the one
who is blind, the other person did the right thing and is telling the
truth. Been there, done that a couple of times around here... Now I'm
trying to figure out how to find someone to actually be interested in
finding out which side is true by, say, looking at additional
information. Nope!

Anyway, though, I think having an iPhone -- or other camera phone or
device -- can be helpful in demonstrating that one party is giving a
more accurate account of matters than the other. There can be legalities
in that, I think, but the camera never lies. /smile/

Also, having the manager put the policy in writing while you stand there
taking up his/her valuable time would be useful in many circumstances,
as well.

I'll have to remember that one, in fact, in case I need it. I've sort of
come to the conclusion that in those cases I can't talk or just
bare-face my way through an access challenge, the thing to do then is to
make the violation of the law as inconvenient to the violator as
possible. I don't know if I think this way because I believe it can be
effective or because I'm just that obnoxious. /grin/

A few others have told stories here and there of using the technique to
good effect, though... Hm.

Tami