[nagdu] sudden death of a guide dog

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat May 12 21:18:43 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
I just was reading through some emails and came across a tragic incident on another guide dog list which I'm on.
A guide dog was sadly attacked and killed by some other dogs, maybe one or two and it was trained by Fidelco.
>From what I read in the email, the incident happened in Florida.
In the message, the story did air on the news.
Was wondering if anyone has heard about this yet or not and if so, will NAGDU be able to help rectify or buckle down on leash protection laws?
*Just curious*
I will be getting in contact with my local animal control facility here in denver, Colorado to let them see the article piece once I know more and let them know that those who travel with guide/assistance dogs should be able to feel comfortable travling on a daily basis in their neighborhoods and doing daily routines as a whole without the anxiety of if an unknown off leash dog is going to come after them and four-legged furry working partner.
After Odie was attacked during training class by a guide dog in the same class as us, it took me a lot of time and patience to rehabilitate him as he was very edgy when it comes to other dogs, especially if he heard a sudden bark.
Just my thoughts here.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf