[nagdu] Bruce Cole and Quincy

Dailyah Patt dailyahpatt at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 00:38:17 UTC 2012

Hi Steve and all,

This story was on the evening news the day Quincy died.  Two more news stations ran it the following Monday and follow up stories are still being run.  Quincy's story has been picked up by bloggers. A video will be out on YouTube soon. The world is listening.  Many of the calls and messages my team are fielding come from people somehow involved with the Service Dog industry, but even more is coming from the populace at large.  The emotions range from anger to sadness to outrage to offers of help.  The public response has been really incredible.  The messages, particularly the ones from fellow handlers, mean a lot to Bruce during what must be a very dark time in his life.  I can only imagine.  I don't want to imagine.  I don't ever want to work on another case like this again - and neither do The ProBoneO Program's volunteers, so we're trying to make this one count.  This should NEVER happen to our partners and it shouldn't have happened to
 Bruce and Quincy.   Unfortunately, the cards aren't always dealt the way we'd like and bad things happen to good people.  All any of us can do is try our best to make the future better as we go forward.

Please know that the results of any and all legal repercussions will be at *least* as quickly and widely distributed as the word of Quincy's death was.  Steve, Florida is one of the states with a harassment/interference law (known as Scanner's Law).  IANAL, but I assure you that the 'Legal Beagles' and 'The Beagle Brigade' are ALL over this one.

Dailyah Rudek
The ProBoneO Program, Director