[nagdu] Bruce Cole and Quincy

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon May 14 01:08:30 UTC 2012

Hi, steve,
Sometimes, a word of mouth may be the best approach, especially in a serious situation like thie one.
I will probably look into seeing who oversees all of the animal control departments herein the state of Colorado as I'd like for him/her to read the article/news piece.
I may probably send this off to 9news, although it may not be aired, but wouldn't hurt to try.
Attacks such like this one can be prevented and truth is that it's not the fault of the dogs, but owners who decide to get a dog and just treat it as it is a piece of property or like a wild animal.
I have learned that even with domesticated dogs, we still have to be careful, given that there's still that wild instinct that can show up.
We do have a service dog protection law here in Colorado which I also hope to work on getting the word spread out more.
Yes, there are still problems where people don't keep the dog on leash.
In the area of Littleton around Progress Avenue and federal Boulevard are where my friend Amanda Dreher and hear hearing dog Louie live, Littleton Animal Control isn't good about staying on top of making sure dog owners obey the leash laws and rules.
Amanda has told me she and Louie come across dogs who are just let to run around, despite the owners being there.
We have both agreed that one day, an accident will happen because of careless dog owners.
I figure the most I try to do is do the right thing as an owner and be responsible for Odie as much as staying on top of him.
Same will apply with the next guide dog.
P.S. Congrads to you and Bennett and the hope of many more happy years for the two of you as a working team.
*Smiles*
Bibi