[nagdu] Air Travel With a Guide Dog

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 02:20:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a quick question for all of you more experienced guide dog handlers.
On May 29th I will be flying to Denver. I live in Boston, so this is going
to be a long flight, with a layover in Texas. I have flown a lot pre-guide
dog; however, I have never flown with a guide dog. Anyone have tips or
tricks for making flying a more enjoyable experience.

Another question I have is parking the dog. I will be traveling all day, and
across 2 time zones. Does anyone know if there is a guide dog relief area in
any of the airports I will be in? I am taking off from Boston, changing
Plaines in Dallas/Ft Worth, and finely ending up in Denver, CO. all told, I
will be spending 12 hours traveling.

Thanks,

Mark