[nagdu] back with question and update

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue May 15 12:17:47 UTC 2012

What I think most people don't understand is that my safety depends on the
dog working well and paying attention.  If he's fooling around, it could
actually be a matter of life and death.  It's usually not, but it could
be.  So I'm not correcting him to be mean or macho or whatever; I'm
correcting him to save one or both of us from serious trouble now or in
the future.
People's pets don't have responsibility for anything, so I think people
may have trouble treating a dog seriously.
Shucks, I'm amazed myself at the difference between some dogs in and out
of harness.  They're like two different creatures, one goofy and one
serious and careful.
Tracy