[nagdu] Destiny's trip to the beach

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Wed May 23 12:01:13 UTC 2012

Destiny and I are back from a week at the beach. I missed all the NAGDU
list and info and am looking forward to getting reconnected.

We took daily walks on the beach in the morning around sunrise before
the sand got too hot. She loved to walk into the surf and splash in it
but I had to remind her that she was in harness and I did not want to
get wet at the time.

She drank more water than usual at the beach even though she stayed
inside the remainder of the day except for "breaking".

Unfortunately, the driveway for the house we rented was gravel. So that
was a different experience for both of us. Destiny would urinate on the
gravel but choose to defecate on the road. This made me uneasy  because
the street could be busy at time due to the fact that one of the
restaurants on the island was one street opposite our house.

Destiny had some difficulties on the long drive coming and going (9
hours) because she does not always remain on the lying on the floor but
will sit up and but her head on my lap and will not lay down again until
I tell her to. She had sufficient space to lay down but this is a
pattern that she has developed even on shorter trips.

Overall, things went well but we were both glad to be home.
Janice and Destiny